Remembering the great love story of As the World Turns' Carly & Jack - an inseparable pair. Click here to read more--->>>
What did you get when you put a blue-collar cop (most of the time who lived by the book) with a vivacious blond who often colored outside the lines? You got one of the hottest couples in Oakdale, USA's history, Carly Tenney and Jack Snyder.
Carly blew into town to get what she felt was rightfully hers, a piece of the Cabot fortune. She befriended her half-sister, Rosanna Cabot, and also helped herself to Rosanna's man, Mike Kasnoff in the process. Two years later, Jack came to town to investigate the notorious James Stenbeck. After successfully putting James behind bars, Jack took roots and made Oakdale his home. He joined the Oakdale PD. The history of how they came to town gives the best illustration of the differences between the two. Once came in pursuit of justice. The other in pursuit of fortune. Night and Day.
They met and fell in love while investigating dirty cop, Teague (Carly was working for the Oakdale PD at that time). It wasn't exactly love at first sight. There was much animosity. But those feelings masked what lay underneath, chemistry and attraction. Carly wanted Jack. Jack wanted Carly. But Jack wanted to take things slow. Carly didn't do slow.
- Especially at the beginning of Jack and Carly, Carly had 50 million reasons why slow just wasn't going to work for her. She had about 9 months to get married and have a kid in order to meet the terms of her trust fund (deal Rosanna made with Carly because she felt guilty she was partly to blame when Carly fell and went into premature labor and lost her baby. And Rosanna wanted to keep Carly permanently away from Mike).True love or 50 million dollars? Our girl, Carly, chose the cash and married Hal Munson. She also took out some extra insurance, to ensure she got pregnant, by getting artificially inseminated with John Dixon's help. It was thought the baby was Hal's, then it was John's (who had inseminated Carly with his own sperm unbeknownst to Carly at the time) and then ultimately Hal was Parker's father. Through all the lies Carly told to try to keep the money and Parker, she ended up losing it all (temporarily).
- Jack and Carly made a bet she couldn't go one month without telling a lie. Carly won the bet. She won Jack, an engagement and land to build a new house (Carly's Prize). Not bad! What's the most you've ever won in a bet? But Carly's unsavory ex-husband from her years in Hong Kong reappeared and threatened Parker if she went ahead with the wedding. Carly broke off the engagement.
- One of Jack's wives, Julia, instability served as a strong force in keeping Jack and Carly apart. Julia killed Carly's horse, Flashdance. She destroyed Carly's Prize. And she went so far as to attempt to kill Carly in quicksand on the top of Carly's Prize.
- Carly was kidnapped and experienced a Benjamin Button like horror. She was given treatments that caused her to look decades older. After Jack traded Barbara Ryan for Carly's freedom, he loved her unconditionally through the emotional ordeal. And that led to one of their many reconciliations.
- Jack was presumed dead after he was driving in a car with an apprehended mobster, Starziak. The car was found in the water but not Jack. Jack, however, was very much alive but didn't know who he was. He met and married Julia Larrabee, who had a son JJ. Jack eventually remembered his life and Carly but wanted to do the right thing by them because he did care for them and he promised Julia and JJ to keep them safe from Julia's abusive ex, Les. But the pull between Jack and Carly was too much. Jack and Carly reconciled. Months later Julia was tragically killed by Les. Jack and Carly were given guardianship of JJ.
- Carly had some fainting spells and was given a diagnosis that she had lesions on the brain and was dying. Carly though dying was still Carly. She used her grim diagnosis to get close to Jack again, who was married to Katie. Carly prayed to God for a miracle. God gave her one. She received news that she had been misdiagnosed. What did Carly do? Did she come clean with Jack? Well...She seduced Jack first. Jack who was always more forthright felt guilty and told Katie. Jack and Katie broke-up. Jack proposed to Carly. Carly did come clean at the altar (when she and Jack were getting remarried). Jack left Carly at the altar.
- Supercouple Jack and Carly intersected with supercouple Holden and Lily. Carly and Holden were drawn to each other and had a brief affair. Though brief it caused problems not only for the respective super couples but for Jack and Holden (who were cousins) and Lily and Carly (who were friends.)
- Jack mistakenly shot his brother, Brad, while trying to rescue a kidnapped Katie. That sent Jack sprawling to the point that he was suicidal. It wasn't Janet, (his wife then), who helped Jack (though she tried). It was Carly fresh from her own stint from rehab (alcoholism) that went looking for Jack, found him at a bar and persuaded him to stop his drinking binge and to return home.
No matter what or who tried coming in between them Craig Montgomery, Simon Frasier (Carly's jewel thief buddy), Jack's wives, there were even times Jack and Carly got in their own way, Jack and Carly were emotionally tied to each other. Carly would always save Jack. Jack would always forgive Carly.
Their "compass" kept them in love and no matter how "Their World Turned" they would always find their way back to each other.