Days of Our Lives' Deidre Hall (Marlena) named S.O.N's performer of the week. Read more here---->>
Last week soapland was filled confrontations, slaps, reveals and a glimpse of potential couples.
In Genoa City, Phyllis was full blown back to being Phyllis again and we got some Phick vs Shick throwback. "Red" is back in more ways than one (not just her hair color). Even though Gina Tognoni wasn't there for the OG rivalry, she gave us some good OG Phyllis. Sharon Case and Joshua Morrow fell right back into step. And with a tease of a possible "Shilly' being thrown in the mix, we are on tap for some good soapy mess from these soap vets.
Quinn put Donna on notice that her "Honey Bear" is off limits. Quinn told Donna if you come after my man "I'll destroy you." Quinn shook Donna so bad she went running to her sisters and their men asking is it all true? Is Quinn really that crazy?. Um, Donna yes. You have been fair warned. Quinn is that chick. Rena Sofer and Jennifer Gareis gave us a hint of what's to come from these two. It's gonna be good!
Maura West and Jon Lindstrom are fire! They are electric and magnetic screen partners. We don't know if there is a future for these two given the fact that Ryan Chamberlain belongs in the insane asylum, even though all that could be fixed with a stroke of a pen or keystroke. But we going to enjoy every second these two are on our screens. We don't know how the Ryan/Kevin/Ava storyline will play out. But we do know Maura and Jon are going to kill it!
Days of Our Lives was so good this past week. Days had five solid episodes. No fillers, no midweek episodes. Days has hit its stride. And with that promo, the heart-stopping, show-stopping soap shows no signs of slowing down. In a Monday episode we got multiple reveals; "baby Bonnie" who the baby momma and daddy and EJ lives!
Please indulge us. There were so many noteworthy scenes and interactions this week in Salem. We will briefly list them.
- Bonnie vs Kate
- Bonnie vs Maggie (Maggie slapped Bonnie and channeled her inner Serena Williams with a "Come on!" daring Bonnie to challenge her.)
- Belle and Sami hugging it out scenes ("push you or sell you")
- Belle and Marlena (discussing the DNR)
- Belle and John make up scenes
- Bonnie and Hattie (I don't know how Judi and Deidre kept a straight face. Although Judi couldn't help but crack a smile delivering the, "Say I had a split personality. Say Ronnie made me do it" lines.)
- Susan and Victor (HILARIOUS! So many great one liners! John Aniston gives the best dead pan deliveries.)
- Sami and a "mummy EJ" (when the DNA results stated it was indeed EJ Dimera under all that cloth. Alison Sweeney is one of the few who could sell a reunion like this and she sold it for all the Ejami STANS.)
- Susan and a "mummy EJ"
- Susan and Sami scenes (coming together to do what is best for EJ.)
- Chad and Ben (Chad called Ben "his monster".)
And what about that scene with Marlena and Hattie, Deidre in double duty mode. Marlena's gratitude telling Hattie "thank you" for saving her life. Hattie's awareness that the grass isn't always greener on the other side. And that being Marlena, what she thought she always wanted, helped her come to peace with who she is. Great stuff.
And Deidre was in voice-over mode for "Marbie" warning Susan not to let Sami get away with keeping EJ from her.
To top the week off we got Deidre in supercouple mode. Deidre's eyes, voice and performance giving Marlena's wedding vows to John, left us with chills and in all our feels.
What a week from Deidre Hall. She proved once again that she is indeed QUEEN.