Here are 7 roles we could see Gina Tongoni playing. Check it out here--->>
Every since Daytime Confidential broke the news that Gina Tognoni was leaving Y&R and Michelle Stafford was coming back; there has been one burning question. Where should Gina land? Gina is a powerhouse actress and we have absolutely no doubt she will land on both feet and stick the landing. We selfishly don't want to lose her and we hope she stays in daytime. Social Media always ready, willing and able to help daytime's power's that be wasted no time engaging in their wishful casting discussions. So, hey we want to join the party. We might be a little late. But we are here! LOL.
The fun thing about playing the wishful casting game is we can suspend "silly" little things like age and mortality. No sweat if they are dead. And as we know Days has their own purgatory lab; so we are always really good in Salem. In wishful casting or actual casting for that matter in daytime, you might have to do a resurrection, subtract/add years here and there or rearrange orders of birth. No sweat. Goodness, you gotta love daytime right?
Let's be frank all of the daytime contestants to land Gina have their own individual challenges. We discuss the challenges and our top picks for Gina.
The Bold and the Beautiful - They only feature two, three (if we are lucky) storylines at a time. They are the least of the soaps to just create a role on general principle. Usually, it has a very defined purpose i.e. Denise Richards, Shauna.
- Sally Spectra's mom - Aside from the obvious the red hair, we would love to see Gina tangle it up with the likes of Rena, Don and Thorsten. We do admit age is tricky with this one. Courtney is only four years older than Hunter King but with Gina being deSORAS a bit for Phyllis those four years puts this wishful casting on the age borderline. But we wanted to throw it out there because other than that, we think it's the best choice for Bold. That's our only pick for Bold. Y'all have any other picks?
General Hospital - They need another character like I need to gain an ounce and trust me I do not need to gain an ounce. However, if you are an unemployed daytime actor, you have the highest probability of landing a home in Port Charles than any other soap. Frank and 'em do their best to keep as many people employed, so there is that. It is GH's specialty. LOL. We all know the issues with GH so I won't spend too much time on the obvious but to say; Gina's character could get lost in Port Charles. Notwithstanding, our top picks are;
- Skye Chandler Quartermaine - We love this character. She completed the trifecta of ABC soaps. She is a Quartermaine so there is always a reason to have more on canvas. Monica can pass the Quartermaine matriarch baton to Skye. Jax is returning which would increase the likelihood that the character wouldn't land in nomads land, i.e. Marguax, but would have an actual storyline.
- Sarah Webber - She is Elizabeth's sister. Fans have been screaming and begging for any of Liz's family to be on canvas, for forever. And just as a soap fan we would love to see Gina and Billy Miller in each other's orbit. This character has the best potential, So, in our un-bias eyes this character overall is our top choice for Gina.
Days of Our Lives - Budgets, budgets, budgets keeps anything regarding Days up in the air. But
Ron has done an excellent job rotating characters in and out of the canvas. And we think Ron would do a heck of a job writing for a character Gina would play. In relation to a pairing (you know a successful pairing for a new character/recast increases the character's overall success) Days is so difficult when it comes to pairings. They are constrained by numbers because everyone and I mean everyone is related.
- Megan Hathaway - A dead soap Days DiMera character? Absolutely, no problem. There is the age difference but after someone can rise from the dead what's a pesky little thing like age? We know it's a stretch. But we would like to see the DiMera mansion full of DiMeras again. Gina and Stacy playing DiMera sisters? Sounds like a winner. Also, fans have expressed interest in the character returning, which we know has been mostly tied to her being Ben and Jordan's mom. No, Gina couldn't play Jordan's mom. But we are mentioning this character mainly because Gina playing a DiMera sounds heavenly to us.
- Billie Reed - Listen. Kate is a legacy character. She needs her lineage on screen. She needs to shore up her legacy. Rex is leaving. Kate and Billie teaming up against the "core" families of Salem, yes please. Gina's version of Billie could be very edgy. We can see this momma/daughter combo kicking butt and taking names in Salem.
** We also want to mention Cassie Brady, Noelle Curtis, Melissa Horton and Taylor Walker as possible Salem choices. Days by far for us has the most viable choices.
The Young and The Restless - We also have "crack" recasts on Y&R. Yes, we know, we know. Just let us have our moment and then we will move on. We know Y&R isn't as versed in resurrections as some. And age would be an issue with both. But this is our wish list nonetheless.
- Diane Jenkins - She already was deSORAS with Maura. The twist would have people watching just to see it. We'd be watching for sure. That would put Gina's character back in Nick, Jack and Victor's orbit.
- Chelsea Lawson - With the deSORAS of Adam it's highly unlikely. But without the aging issue it sure would be interesting to see it play out.
These are just our thoughts for "better or for worse." LOL. But seriously, with so many TV, cable and streaming opportunities we believe Gina will be more than okay. Again, we would love for her to stay in daytime. But more than anything else we want her to continue to soar as we do all of our family in daytime!
I AM KP Smith