Ambitions Must see TV. First Impressions and Why You Should Be Watching. Check it out here--->>
We are still riding our #Ambitions high. Listen. Ambitions was lit lit lit. If you aren't watching it, you must. After only one episode, we already know this is must-see TV. And below we share our thoughts on why and why you should be watching if you aren't. The list isn't ranked just more the order it came to mind.
1. The Cast. The cast includes Robin Givens, Brian White, Essence Atkins, Kendrick Cross and so many more. The cast is stacked with big names. And that's always a big plus but it isn't just the cast; it's perfecting casting. Everybody is playing exactly who they should be. And can somebody please get Ms. Givens to bottle her beauty secrets and share because she is as beautiful as ever.
2. The Production.Top Notch. First Rate. The setting, the sets, the scenes, clothes, every single detail screams M-O-N-E-Y, Glitz, Glamour & Sophistication. We are gaga that this show has black people looking, sounding, acting and being rich, really R-I-C-H.
3. The Dialogue. It is smart, crisp and funny. This is just from the premiere.
"And by skills do you mean a penis and a pair of testicles so I can strut around the locker room sharing secrets with the good old boys."
"It's no secret that Atlanta is a black city, Titus. I mean an old cracker like me can only reach a certain level of prominence even with all my money."
"Kiss the crack of my black a**, Peters."
"I won't let Rondell's hood rat a** mess that up."
4. It is Grown & Sexy. The love scenes and dreams are hot. No fade to black, no playing it safe. Jamey told nary a lie when he told us when we interviewed him that they were "pushing the envelope off the table."
5. OMG Moments. There were many and we didn't have to wait long. When the first scene in an entire series includes a major character literally getting her a** kissed, you know you got a real one. For those who haven't seen the premiere, we don't want to spoil it all so we will only say knife, gun, and THE LICK.
6. Topical/Relevant. Even with the all soapy goodness, the show is addressing real and relevant topics such as the opioid crisis and gentrification.
7. Compelling Characters. They introduced, clearly defined and answered the most basic introductory questions for the characters of who, what, how and why in forty minutes of air time. Amazing.
8. Storylines. After just one episode we can clearly see we are going to be treated to well thought-out, intricate storylines with compelling characters. Stephanie will litigate opposite her ex, Titus, in a multi-million dollar, if not billion dollar, lawsuit. Stephanie's ex-bestie, Amara, (now married to Titus) works for the U.S. Attorney General's office and will be investigating Stephanie's husband, Evan, The Mayor. And that's just the beginning. Battle lines between Rondell and Greg have been drawn for Thelma's Place. Carly (the daughter of Stephanie and Evan) is exploring her sexuality. And there is more, much more.
9. Hot Couples. A few examples; Amara/Titus or maybe Stephanie/Titus, Peters/Rondell (speaking it into existence) or if you are a War of the Roses type of person Stephanie/Evan. LOL.
10. Don't Be Left Out! This is the show everybody is and will be talking about! Join us! We are in love and are ALL in!
If you missed it or want to see it again (I've watched the premiere twice). See below.
See y'all on the #Ambitions timeline on Tuesday's. Watch it on OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network 10:00 PM Eastern.
I AM KP Smith