Ambitions Episode 106 Recap: "What About Your Friends!" Read more here--->>
N-O-N S-T-O-P from the beginning until the end. What a freaking ride!!!
Hot swivel sex. A buffet of all you can "eat" chocolate. A greedy girl returning. However, you want to spin it, Peters and Stephanie smoked up our screens for a second week in a row. Fire. Fire. Fire. Stephanie sashayed in Peters' office under the pretense of talking about rebranding his image and making sure he stayed clean so there would be no problems with his application being approved for airport concession space. But let me tell you. She was there for one reason and one reason only. To break her off another piece of Peters. Sister Stephanie used the trick all women have at some point, easy access. She unzipped that skirt and Peters partook in the "downtown" buffet. That. Is. All.
Damian's presence in Atlanta is getting under Amara and Titus' skin and has them both on edge. Amara was so close, too close to telling her boss about her tryst with Damian. We are assuming she was going to tell her in the hopes that as a woman she would understand and help send Damian back to Alabama. That's a big no-no, Amara. You keep your personal business out of the workplace at all costs. Didn't you learn that lesson the last time?? Titus went caveman on Amara and told her that he wasn't going to stand idly by while Damian wreaked havoc in their lives again. And it wasn't out of the realm of possibility for Amara to quit her job. Say what? Say who? Um, we love you Titus but that's a little extreme. You either trust Amara or you don't. Real talk, only time will tell if she is truly trustworthy. Those are just the facts. Plus, Damian is getting a kick out all of this. Titus, don't let another man see you sweat.
The scenes with Peters, Evan, and Stephanie were dialogue perfection. On the surface, Peters and Evan were having a conversation about Thelma's Place and the airport concession. Peters wanted a guarantee in writing. Evan was like that's illegal and there is no way I'm doing that for you. But I am willing to use my influence to get you the contract. But you will need to back off my sister. Then there were the innuendoes. And you had to wonder what was really being communicated. Like Evan telling Peters to stop "jacking" with his family. Things got even more interesting when Stephanie came in. There were more double meanings and undercurrents. One of the most telling ones was Evan telling Stephanie, "you can stay in bed with the devil" but after the concession airport issue is resolved I am done with Peters. Given Evan and Stephanie's understanding, it's possible that Evan knew that Peters had partaken in Steph's buffet. With Stephanie and Evan, there is always more going on than meets the eye.
Evan made a call and Roderick was fired. But Roderick and Bella were scheming to get the last laugh. Roderick was angry that he was fired before he could play the tape on his show of Evan's goons beating his tail for the world to see. Roderick's big plan was he wanted Evan to feel the same pain he did. Bella told him; "Bae, you gotta think bigger." This video is our golden ticket. Evan will give us whatever we want to keep this video from seeing the light of day. Give the video to me. I'll show you how it's done. Bella was chomping at the bit when she whipped out that video to show Evan it was she who now had the upper hand. And her hand was worth seven hundred and fifty thousand dollars plus the airport concession. Did you notice Evan didn't blink at that 750K price tag?! Bella says she is playing for keeps. Oh, sis, we hope you have really thought this through. You are playing in the big leagues now!
We got a good chuckle at Marilyn when she attempted to disinvite Stephanie to her Colitiation Power Woman's Summit and tried to demand that she resign from the Board. As my son would say, "no shot." The Summit was a Who's Who of Atlanta's Power Women. Every second of the summit was non-stop drama.
- Amara and Irene (Stephanie's mom) shared their first on-screen encounter. Amara thanked Mrs. Carlisle for all she had done for her when she and Stephanie were in college. Irene let Amara know blood is always thicker than water. Amara took up with Stephanie's man. Enough said.
- Rondell, Amara, Marilyn, and Stephanie in one place. Everybody got a dig or two in. Let's just say all four of these ladies could have a PhD. in "bitchology" that night. LOL.
- Juniper (Lori's mom) told Lori to keep working on "Stephanie's brat", Carly, to get information. Sigh. Oh, Lori.
- Marilyn figured since she couldn't outwit Stephanie she'd just get rid of her at least for the night. Oops! OMG! I didn't see you! Marilyn spilled red wine all over the front of Stephanie's white dress.
- Rondell and Irene might have been our favorite encounter of the night. Rondell told Irene she didn't care how high and mighty she thought she had become. She was from The Banks just like her. And that her father, who was a civil rights hero, had fought for the rights of the kinds of people that Irene was walking all over. Irene just smiled at Rondell and was like look, sweetie, my daddy was a good man. He was a big dreamer with little resources. He was who he was. I am who I am. I'm going to be who I am going to be. Now if you feel up to the task go ahead and step to me. Good luck and bye-bye.
- We had been waiting to see how Stephanie was going to find out about Lori and Carly! Stephanie saw them coming out of one bathroom stall together. BOOM! Carly just wanted the floor to open up and swallow her. She looked mortified. Stephanie composed herself with the swiftness. We were impressed. Stephanie told her shell shocked daughter that she could care less if she liked girls, boys, or girls and boys; just not that girl!
- Stephanie confronted and slapped Lori! Their eyes locked and just for a fraction of a second, the real Lori peeked out. Carly didn't catch it. But we did and Stephanie most definitely did. Did Stephanie slap Lori just to get a reaction from her? With Stephanie, we are always wondering what she is really up to and why.
- Stephanie's drink was drugged! Nooooo! Not the Queen!
P.S. How about that new toy in Evan and Daphne's dominatrix playhouse? Um, how did Evan get loose?
Talk to y'all next week!
I AM KP Smith