Ronn Moss reveals why he left B&B after 25 years, renewing his vows, talks music, upcoming projects and more. Check it out here--->>>
Photo: Christian Filippella
Soap Opera News, had the esteemed pleasure of chatting with The Bold and the Beautiful alum, Ronn Moss (ex-Ridge Forrester). Moss explained to us why he left the CBS daytime drama after 25 years, he talked about his music, his upcoming renewal of his wedding vows and so much more. Check it out below!
1. Just a little background question - can you tell us how you got into acting?
Moss: I was touring with my band PLAYER in the late 70s and our then record producer, Robert Stigwood, who was responsible for “Saturday Night Fever” and the Bee Gees’ success pulled me aside and suggested I try acting. When our band slowed down from touring, I thought about his suggestion and decided to give acting a try and joined some acting classes for a couple of years and landed my first movie, “Il Paladini” that was shot in Sicily in 1981.
2. You originated the role of Ridge Forrester, an iconic one on The Bold and the Beautiful and spent 25 years there, can you tell us a little bit about your time on the show?
Moss: That show was a new daytime drama series so it was a role that I was able to mold to be my own. They gave me a lot of creative input and would often write based on mannerisms and things I would say, such as calling Brooke by her last name of Logan. I felt I led a parallel life playing that role for 25 years.
3. What prompted you to leave?
Moss: A combination of my contract expiring around the same time I was in a car accident that left me injured physically and with a decreased ability to memorized all the dialogue that was expected.
4. Would you ever consider going back to the soap world?
Moss: I am now playing a new role as John Blackwell on the multiple Emmy winning Amazon Prime series entitled, “The Bay The Series” and enjoying this very much. The way I see it, as far as B&B, that parking spot is filled.
5. You have done a number of other projects and have even taken on directing and producing. What is like on the other side of the camera?
Moss: I’ve always loved cameras since I was a very young kid. I am free creatively now to do many different types of projects, which I am enjoying both in front of and behind the camera now.
6. Do you have any projects on the horizon that you can talk about now?
Moss: Yes, I just finished a trailer pitch for a romantic comedy that will be shot in Puglia, Italy next summer called, “Surprise Trip.” I am also developing a drama series and producing several other movies in other genres. I will also reprise a successful play in Belgium next spring called, “Brasschaatse Huisvrouwen” which is a very funny comedy.
7. You also do music and you're currently touring, right? Can you tell us a little bit more about the musical aspect of your life?
Moss: I’ve always been a musician first and had a #1 hit song with my band PLAYER in 1978 called, “Baby Come Back.” We toured with Eric Clapton, Heart, Kenny Loggins and Gino Vanelli back then. I am now solo and will launch Ronn Moss’ PLAYER in the states soon to tour. As a solo artist, I have been touring in Australia, Italy, Slovenia, Belgium and Estonia recently. I will also be doing some symphony orchestra performances this holiday season in Italy because of my recent summer tour’s success.
8. Will there be an album in the near future?
Moss: I have a new album out now that is on iTunes, Spotify and anywhere you like to download your music entitled, “My Baby’s Back.”
9. You're also known for traveling, what inspires you to travel and what are some of the places you love to be at? Is there a place you have not been to yet that you would love to?
Moss: I’ve always worked in Europe and Australia for the past 30 plus years, but I never had time to really see these places as I always had to return to do B&B. I enjoy being able to absorb the culture and language of different places now that I can spend months at a time in these places. I also enjoy getting to know my fans from around the world and I would love to visit Ireland someday.
10. In your personal life, you're approaching you're 10th anniversary with Devin DeVasquez - do you guys have any plans to celebrate the 10th and what has marriage been like for you?
Moss: We are renewing our vows in Calabria, Italy in a few days actually. She is my producing partner on many of our television and movie projects and we enjoy traveling the world together now.
11. Do you have a message you would like us to relay to your fans?
Moss: They can follow me on Instagram @ronnmoss, I really love hearing from them and meeting many of them as I travel around the world with tours and current projects.